Established in 1984 to provide an accessible and affordable market for workers’ compensation coverage, the Alabama Home Builders Self Insurers Fund (the Fund) is a workers compensation program that serves builders, subcontractors and businesses affiliated with Alabama's housing industry that are members of the Home Builders Association of Alabama.As an employer, you are liable for most workplace injuries. You may be liable for uninsured subcontractors and their employees injured on your job site. Without adequate protection, an injured employee lawsuit could put you out of business. The Alabama Home Builders Self Insurers Fund provides an alternative to traditional workers compensation insurance. Residential and light commercial builders, subcontractors, suppliers and other businesses affiliated with the construction industry benefit from Fund participation.
- Up-front 25% discount on Competitive Rates
- Participants may elect a monthly, quarterly or annual reporting plan.
- Interest-free payments are based on business activity for the reporting period.
- Credit Card and check payments are accepted online at www.ahbfund.com or by phone at 800-745-3863 for your convenience.
Quality claims services:
- The Fund’s claims administrator provides prompt and efficient claims service.
- Claims costs are reduced through aggressive control measures;
- Discounted service arrangements with medical care providers;
- Management of medical treatment to make certain it is necessary and related to the workplace injury;
- Rehabilitation and training necessary to expedite the employee’s return to work;
- Investigation and prosecution of suspected fraudulent claims;
- Safety/Loss Control Services available to assist members with keeping their work-sites safe and OSHA compliant.
For eligibility and pricing information, contact the Fund at 1-800-745-FUND (3863).