Membership in the Home Builders Association of Alabama comes with many benefits to help you and your business. Listed below are just some of the ways that the HBAA is committed to helping its members and building the future of Alabama.
Saving You & Your Company Money
- The Alabama Home Builders Self Insurers Fund offers excellent Workers’ Compensation Coverage and safety and loss control services to qualified members.
- The Home Builders Association Builders Risk Program is available for residential builders and remodelers. For more information and to find a carrier in your area, contact Helmut Mundt at 855-442-2467.
- The HBAA Member Rebate Program helps builders and remodelers earn money back on products you’re likely already using on the jobsite.
- Small group health insurance plans are offered through Builder Health Benefits for companies with 2-50 employees. For details, contact Builder Health Benefits at 1-800-672-0023.
Protecting & Promoting Our Industry
- Active governmental involvement ensures home building issues are addressed in the Alabama legislature.
- Statewide public relations campaigns promote the home building industry throughout Alabama and encourage consumers to do business with HBAA members.
- The Alabama Remodeling Excellence Awards competition offers remodelers, contractors, kitchen and bath designers, architects and other remodeling industry professionals the opportunity to earn awards and recognition for their outstanding remodeling work in a wide range of categories.
- The Alabama Home Builders Foundation addresses the trade labor shortage by awarding scholarships to train students in building trades, providing career awareness to high school students and working with vocational clubs and high school counselors to encourage more students to choose the building trades as a career.
Keeping You Informed
- Publications like Alabama Homebuilder magazine keep you updated on changes in the industry as well as within HBAA.
- The HBAA website’s exclusive Members-Only section provides sample contracts, warranty language, online meeting registration, and leasing information for multifamily builders, among other benefits.
- Statewide meetings are held three times a year to provide members with valuable networking and educational opportunities.
Boosting Your Professional Development
- Special Interest Councils & Committees address the needs for today’s multifaceted home building market. Groups such as the HBAA Remodelers, Professional Women in Building, Investment Property Owners Council and Land Developers Council provide members with information for a distinct area of the building industry.
- Educational Opportunities help you strengthen your potential for growth and success and set yourself apart from your competition by earning professional designations. Designations available through the HBAA’s educational classes include Certified Graduate Builder (CGB); Certified Graduate Remodelor (CGR); Certified Graduate Associate (CGA); Certified Green Professional (CGP); Graduate Master Builder (GMB) designations; Certified GreenKey Builder (CGKB); Certified New Home Marketing Professional (CMP); Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP); Master Certified Green Professional; and Master in Residential Marketing (MIRM).
For more information on how to become an HBAA member, please contact the local HBA in your area or call (800) 745-4222.